If you use Hootsuite to schedule your social media posts, you’re going to love how easy it is to post video automatically and manually.
We’re going to use MondoPlayer and Hootsuite, to curate and post videos in two ways:
1. We’re going to set an AutoPilot to curate the video automatically, so you can preview the video posts in Hootsuite.
2. And we’re going to Manually Search and Bulk Post video to Hootsuite.
Sharing Video on Hootsuite using AutoPilot
1. Install MondoPlayer on your iOS or Android device. You’re going to need this to configure the AutoPilot.
2. Select the AutoPilot feature on the home screen.
3. Let’s pretend you’re doing video content marketing for a pet store. Name your AutoPilot “Animal Videos”
4. Select some search terms, like Dogs, Cats, Animals, Pet Care.
5. Select the times you want to post a video matching one of your search terms. Select as many posts per day as you like.
6. Select the service. For this integration, select RSS. This will deliver your video posts to Hootsuite using an RSS Feed.
7. Enter a name for your RSS Feed. Let’s also call this Animal Videos. You’ll see the full path for your RSS Feed below and you’ll get an email containing the path for this feed.
8. Exclude any domains from which you don’t want posts. This is useful if you have competitors you want to exclude or other sites you prefer to have omitted.
9. Click Save and you’re AutoPilot is set up.
10. Now in Hootsuite, click your profile picture in the top-right corner of the dashboard, and select Account & Settings.
11. Select RSS/Atom from the Settings list.
12. Optional: Click My RSS/Atom Feeds to select an organization to add the feed to.
13. To Add a New Feed click the Plus Button and enter the Feed URL
14. Select the social network to send the feed items to.
15. Select a frequency for checking the feed for content, and how many new items to post at a time (if that many are available).
16. Check the box to include text from the post in messages. Since MondoPlayer finds videos embedded in webpages, you’ll get lots of great content from the webpage in your post.
17. Optionally: In the Prepend text… field, enter a short note to appear before each post (e.g. “New blog post:”)
18. Select a URL shortener from the drop-down list to shorten the link to the feed item.
19. Click Save Feed.
Read, curate, share.
With this integration, you will receive incredible videos from all over the web inside Hootsuite. You won’t need to access MondoPlayer, unless you want to make changes to the AutoPilot or do a manual search on MondoPlayer.
Sharing Video on Hootsuite using Manual Search
1. Install MondoPlayer on your iOS or Android device.
2. On the Home Screen, Search for Videos and Preview the ones you want. MondoPlayer preloads each video while you’re watching, so you don’t need to wait for pages to load.
3. Click the Share button and bulk edit your posts.
4. Submit your posts to RSS.
5. Name the RSS Feed and click OK and set up the feed in Hootsuite, as I described earlier.
6. Or Submit your posts to Hootsuite
7. Select a Project and
8. Select a Schedule.
9. Select a Start Date for your Posts. MondoPlayer remembers the date of your last video post.
10. All your posts are delivered directly to your email address in an attached csv file. Just save the csv file and import the file to Hootsuite.
Studies show people prefer to watch videos in the afternoon and evening, so your video posts will get better results if you schedule them later in day.
MondoPlayer Pro runs on iOS and Android so you can curate videos wherever and whenever you want.
Try MondoPlayer Pro and see how curating video on your iOS or Android device to Hootsuite can be fast and fun.
If you found this helpful, you can get lots more tips on how to maximize your results using video in your content marketing. Just go to MondoPlayer.com/videobootcamps
On this page you’ll find, our latest free video bootcamps, access to our video Newsletter and you can join our Video Content Marketing Facebook Group.
Try MondoPlayer for 14 days free.