Jessica Matthews’ entrepreneurial light bulb lit up, oddly enough, when the lights went out.
Several years ago, in the middle of her aunt’s wedding back in her parents’ home country of Nigeria, Matthews recalls that the lights suddenly went dark. Moments later, diesel generators and kerosene lamps were hauled in to power the celebration back up, which worried Matthews, who knew that exposure to fumes from the generators could pose serious health risks.
Her relatives advised her to set her concerns aside. “You’ll get used to them,” they said.
“I remember this bothered me so much because it was them telling me to get used to dying,” Matthews said. “The fumes were horrible for the environment, horrible for the people who had to be in the room.”
Instead of getting
How to Automate Video Content Marketing in Under 1 Hour
5 Easy Video Lessons +
Bonus Free Toolkit