Woolworths has launched its 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games campaign featuring Australian wheelchair racer Kurt Fearnley. Created by M&C Saatchi, the ad features Fearnley’s dad, teacher, coach and a farmer who reveal how he used to train and take some freshly grown apples for...
Woolworths has launched its 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games campaign featuring Australian wheelchair racer Kurt Fearnley.
Created by M&C Saatchi, the ad features Fearnley’s dad, teacher, coach and a farmer who reveal how he used to train and take some freshly grown apples for the ride.
The campaign will also include athletes such as diver Georgia Sheehan, basketball player Adam Gibson, Paralympian Kelly Cartwright, runner Jessica Trengove, weightlifter Damon Kelly,
Netball player Caitlin Bassett and simmer Brenden Hall.
Each spot will reveal each athlete’s connection with fresh food.
Andrew Hicks, director of marketing at Woolworths, said in a statement: “The Grown for Gold series is an authentic, emotional look into the lives of our Aussie athletes. It showcases where they’ve grown up, the people that have moulded them and the food that has fueled them to make them into the great sportspeople that they are today.
“As the proud Fresh Partner of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, we’re ready to cheer on our Aussie athletes and fuel our country with fresh fruit and vegetables that have been proudly grown for gold.”
The campaign will roll out across TV, digital, radio, out-of-home, print and social.
- Andrew Hicks – Director of Marketing
- Nick Chapman – General Manager, Brand
- Alison Stratten – Marketing Communications Manager
- Emilie Fares – Marketing Communications Planner
- Jaime Brock – Marketing Communications Specialist
- Aysha Down – Sponsorship Marketing Manager
- Zoe Meredith – Sponsorship Activation Manager
- M&C Saatchi:
- Tom McFarlane – Creative Partner
- Michael Andrews – Creative Director
- Sian Cook – Managing Partner
- Sophie Ayles – Strategy Partner
- Ben Stainlay – Senior Copywriter
- Niccola Phillips – Head of Art
- Rod James – Head of Moving Image
- Loren August – Executive Producer
- Sarah Miller – Senior Print Producer
- Dean Hastie – Design Director
- Rochus Dahnken – Senior Designer
- Jamie Gilbert-Smith – Managing Director M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
- Peter Pippen – Senior Strategist M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
- Tom Mort – Account Director M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
- Katie Leslie – Senior Account Manager M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
- Production Company: Kite Productions
- Director: Paul Goldman
- Post Production: Resolution
- Design & Music and Sound Mix: Song Zu
How to Automate Video Content Marketing in Under 1 Hour
5 Easy Video Lessons +
Bonus Free Toolkit